The Common Questions
- What are the most common difficulties that students experience throughout their studies during High School?
- Why can’t parents rely on the teachers at their child’s high school to make sure that their child is getting all the help they need?
- What are the major signs that indicate a student needs tutoring?
- Why should I chose S4S Coaching? How are you different from other tutoring services?
- How are your tutors qualified and trained?
- What is the size of your classes and how are they run?
- What is the process after the first free lesson?
- How affordable is S4S Coaching compared to other coaching services?
- What are the tutoring hours offered by S4S Coaching? What do I do if these hours don’t suit me?
- How do I get in touch with S4S Coaching?
- What happens in the First Free Lesson?
- What is the process after the First Free Lesson?
- What is the cost of tutoring per term?
- How do I pay for the tutoring?
- How many students are in each class?
- How long do classes run for?
- How do you structure your lessons?
- Am I locked into tutoring for a Term after I sign up?
- Are there any special discounts on offer?
- Can I bring my friends to my class?
- There will be difficulties in adjusting to the increasing workloads of high school. This will in effect cause students to lose interest, motivation and confidence.
- Struggle with not knowing how to prepare for assessments and exams.
- Without time management and organisation skills, students will develop stress which will cause their performance level to decrease. It is also not common practice for high schools to teach kids how to manage their stress and time.
- Teachers are generally too busy dealing with other issues and may not always be available to provide answers or give help to all their students. There are normally too many students and not enough time to cater to every student’s specific needs.
- With 20 to 40 classmates in the one class there is more potential for distraction, causing students to lose focus and miss some of the key points taught by their teacher.
- Their results and reports show there is much room for improvement. There are clear weaknesses in their results with no indication of positive progress.
- The student’s performance at school is unmotivated and they are careless in their studies, makes silly mistakes and produces low standard classwork.
- Lacking strategies in study organisation, exam preparation and show no efficient study pattern.
- They are showing a lack of confidence towards school and experience anxiety and panic towards exams with developing signs of stress.
- S4S Coaching have young and dynamic tutors who are successful high school graduates who still have a fresh memory of what it was like to be a high school student. This means they are able to provide a type of understanding to your child that no other coaching service will have. We find that students respond the best to tutors closer to their age and are able to make a better connection with them. Our students love our tutors because they are friendly, helpful and fun.
- Our guidance also extends beyond simply giving good teaching to also provide tips for successful study habits. We teach our students techniques for exam preparation, note making, stress management and more. We do our best to provide our students with all the skills they need to gain enough confidence to succeed.
- The progress of our students are also clearly reported back to parents in a constructive manner that lets them understand how their child is improving. Our tutors also communicate with parents regularly to keep them in the loop with what’s happening, which most other coaching services will not find the time to do.
- We also care for our community and go out of our way to provide free workshops and talks at local libraries and schools. We believe that all students deserve the help they need to succeed.
- We only hire tutors who have exceeded at their HSC and received ATARs of 95 PLUS. We ensure that they have a thorough and solid understanding of the subject content that they are teaching, and must have received a Band 6 in their field. Further, we prepare them with thorough notes and regular training sessions where we teach them all the essential skills they need to carry out engaging and structured lessons. We then monitor their progress with their students with feedback forms and class evaluations.
- The most important aspect about our tutors is that they have not forgotten what it was like to be a student. This means they can easily relate to your child whilst maintaining the professional discipline required to ensure top results are achieved.
- Our classes range from one on one to small study group sessions. Our experience tells us that having a small group (maximum of 5 students) enables students to have a healthy competition with their peers whilst receiving the much needed individualised attention and support.
- We monitor our student’s performance on a weekly basis to make sure that they are always at their peak performance.
- Our classes are structured to 1) deliver consistent revision, 2) teach new content and 3) provide comprehensive notes on the subject that’s being taught.
- We provide our students with booklets, pilot exams and practice papers to help them further improve their marks.
It is quite simple, you can either choose to join us or not. There is no obligation to join, but we are very confident that after a first taste you will realise that we will be extremely beneficial to your child’s success in high school. If you do choose to join, you will be provided with all the top quality resources and tutoring service at a time of your convenience and at a great price.
We value our education and always ensure we deliver the highest value to our parents and students. We have made sure our prices remain affordable and competitive with other coaching services but we are happy for you to shop around because we are that confident in the quality of our service.
We offer tutoring between 4pm-9pm on weekdays and 9am-6pm on weekends. If these hours are unsuitable for you then you can register to be on our waiting list until we can arrange for a time that is suitable.
The best way to get in touch with us is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 8003 3427.
In the first free lesson we start with an assessment of your child’s level of knowledge. Then we will teach them the subject of their choice. Finally, we will provide valuable feedback to both the student as well as their parent/s.
You and your child are given time to decide if you would like to enroll for tutoring, there’s no obligation to join. The centre admin will then call you within the next 3 working days after the lesson to follow up, and to enroll if you wish to sign up with S4S.
This depends on when you join us through the term, however you will be looking from as little as $60 + GST per week.
Payment is strictly due before your child attends the first lesson. You can easily pay:
a) Internet Transfer into our Account,
b) Direct Debit
c) Direct Cash deposit at any NAB branch
For a more individualised attention and better care for your child, we have limited the number of students per class to a maximum class size of five.
The duration of classes varies depending on the subject you are doing and the year you are enrolled in. However, our group classes are generally 2 hours per subject per school week and 1.5 hours for individual coaching. Each Term is 10 weeks long.
Our teaching is specifically tailored to our students’ syllabus and exams. Our classes provide revision, teaching of fundamental concepts as well as homework.
At S4S Coaching, we want the quality of our tutoring to speak for itself. There is no ‘lock-in’ contract. If you or your child/children are unhappy, there will be an investigation by the centre manager and we will work out a solution where both you and your child are happy. If this is still not enough, then we will happily refund the remainder of the term’s coaching.
We have a referral discount that is valid at any time. Simply recommend your friend to join S4S Coaching and once they sign up, you will receive $50 off your tutoring fees. Referral discounts include recommending more than one child. There is no limit to how many people you can recommend.
We have a special Bring A Friend Week program where you can bring one or more friends into your class as long as the class size will still be no more than 5. Thi is a great way to study with your friends and help each other learn.